Getting Ready for V.I.T.A!
The Professional Accounting Society will be assisting in the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program during 2017 tax season. We will provide free tax preparation services to low income families and individuals whom make $60,000 or less during the year. PAS is partnered through Neighborhood-Tax Centers, who is funded by the IRS.
To become a volunteer, you must complete the following requirements:
If you volunteer 15-20 hours a week or a total of 150 hours throughout the tax season, it is possible to receive course credit. This course credit will be counted as Field Experience/Internship. If interested in course credit, email email@example.com for more information.
PAS V.I.T.A. 2016 Tax Season
- Basic Tax Preparer Training (16 Hours)
- Advanced Tax Preparer Training (8 Hours) (Optional)
- IRS Basic or Advanced – level volunteer certification test
- Volunteer a minimum of 36 hours during tax season
Field Experience for Credit Hours
- 15-20 Student volunteers Participated
- 5 Managers/Supervisors (Field Experience Course)
- Contributed Over 1100 Hours of Volunteering
- Saved over 1 Million in Gross Refunds
UHD offers students the opportunity to earn college credit hours for participating in the V.I.T.A. program. To participate in this amazing opportunity, fill out the application
and send in to the professor for your major.
The V.I.T.A. Program is a great committee to join if 1.) you enjoy helping others who are less fortunate and giving back to the community 2.) if you want to enhance your accounting knowledge 3.) if you want to gain real life accounting experience and 4.) if you want something on your resume that looks great to recruiters!
If you have any questions, please contact the VITA Committee Chair Jose Figueroa via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.